I've been working 15-18 hours a day so I don't have much to blog except for traffic, work and food. More to come from the weekend since I am going to the "miami of India", GOA where I hope to ride an elephant on the beach. Horse ridding on the beach is so JV.
So here goes. Work is good. People are incredibly nice and accommodating. Work is in the middle of India's silicone valley. One things I did not know was the way Indians shake their heads "yes" which is not vertical up and down, but instead side to side (ala shoulder to shoulder), like a bobble head. It freaks you out at first, but you get used to it, and maybe start doing it yourself. maybe. ...definitely.
Here is work: 50 or so kind people taking care of our business back home. Everyone speaks english but not at decimal higher than a whisper. It takes some adjusting. 
Office etiquette is taken seriously:

As for traffic, More of the same but check it out:
This guy in the scooter was definitely riding the wrong way.
Check out my boy Vincent's Dash. That is Vishnu and Mary tag-teaming his protection.
Food: Incredible. half the time I don't even know what I am eating. the NAAN, OH! the NAAN!. Most every restaurant I have been to has a bread menu. Indian bread is ridonk. I am definitely going to try to smuggle some home and maybe a papaya or two. BTW, people usually say that you loose 5 to 10 lb's when in India ( typically due to stomach viruses and such). Fortunate for me I have had no problems. As a result, I am putting my MONTANA EATING FRENZY to shame. What I am talking about is Indian food Chavezing!!! I am returning with a little extra luggage for sho.
Food: Incredible. half the time I don't even know what I am eating. the NAAN, OH! the NAAN!. Most every restaurant I have been to has a bread menu. Indian bread is ridonk. I am definitely going to try to smuggle some home and maybe a papaya or two. BTW, people usually say that you loose 5 to 10 lb's when in India ( typically due to stomach viruses and such). Fortunate for me I have had no problems. As a result, I am putting my MONTANA EATING FRENZY to shame. What I am talking about is Indian food Chavezing!!! I am returning with a little extra luggage for sho.
Breakfast of champions:
Post dinner mints ( all types of "minted" dried fruits and nuts). I think you're supposed to take one or two. I ate half of the block:

More on the hotel slash palace. I am not kidding when I say it is ridiculously over-staffed: There is a guy at the gym whose job is to put the weights on the bar for you, and give a water when you look like you need it. I look like I need it a lot apparently.
Security at the lobby. I am told that the car bomb check and the extra security is a result of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai over turkey day. I feel safe.
at the pool..
Hope everyone is doing well. Namaste.

Namaste young chavey. SEmels hit up DC this weekend. We'll blog about it... I mean brag about it.
ReplyDelete